Thursday, October 18, 2007

Yarn Sale October


I am getting ready for my first big clearance sale. I will sale off the yarn in several sales this is the first starting with the summer weight yarns. Whatever is left I will list on ebay or box up to tale to knitters fantasy in the spring. Pictured is one of my favorite yarns from Dale of Norway. It is an all season cotton silk rayon blend. Machine washable and beautiful to work with. I havw lots of this yarn as you can see in the picture. This yarn is selling for over $7.00 a skein in shops in the city. I have tried to keep this affordable at 5.95 a skein. It will go on sale this week end for $4.00 a skein. At that price folks may even make a baby blanket out of it or a childs sweater. It is wonderful for tank tops and all season sweaters.

I am a bit nervous about the sale I sent out hundreds of emails and post cards but WILL ANYONE COME?????
I am planning hot cider and some light munchies. I have rearranged the yarn to get the sale yarn organizen into one area of the shop. I need to make some colorful signs for each one so they are easy to see the sale prices. Yesterday I had only 3 customers but the day seemed to fly by anyways. Does anyone read this blog??? If you read this please leave me a message I need encouragement.
Nancy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read it and I'll be there for the sale!

Anonymous said...

You are not alone - I read your blog!

I don't get to the shop much because of work and other obligations (and no time to knit...).

I know you will be sad to leave your shop, but I am sure that you will enjoy your retirement! My hope is that someone perfect comes along and buys it from you so that you will feel it is in good hands.

Julie from Linesville

Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,
I read your blog and wish I lived 8 hours closer. I think it takes 10 to get to PGH from the OBX...I may send my sister, Georgiana, to your sale for me. She lives in the North Hills, Wexford.
I am so sorry to read of the loss of your friend. This stage of our life is such a hard time of life, isn't it, saying goodbye to people... filling those giant holes they leave with memories of them? It can be very painful but, speaking from experience, memories of them come back, bringing a joy and thankfulness that you had them in your life.
Small consolation, I know. But, know that I am thinking of you. Vee