Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Remembering Mary Lou and unpacking boxes.

The UPS man brought me two big boxes yesterday. I love unpacking boxes!!! Getting new stuff is the best part of having a shop like mine. One of the boxes was from Skacel with Addi lace needles and Trekking sock yarn, the Red White blue, Stars and Stripes sock yarn and Step sock yarn in a wonderful new fall 07 assortment. Step is the yarn with the aleo vera and jobo oil. Why am I still ordering yarn with the store closing?? I have had so many requests for this yarn. I may continue to sell it on my website.

The other big box had our new books, Ball Winders and other goodies. The new Fall 2007 Books from Interweave Press are really good ones. The Kimino book is wonderful. I want to try a vest but know now is not the time with all the store closing tasks that face me. I would love to help someone else plan and knit one. The Interweave Collection is a keeper and Folk Style and Bag Style are inspiring. Needless to say I did not get much work done yesterday. I kept escaping into the new books whenever I had a spare moment.

New Laurel Burch socks and bags came in with the books. We sold out of our Laurel socks over the week end. If you missed them and still want to reserve some for Christmas presents you can call me and I will send them to you, These socks sell out fast. I was sorry to learn that Laurel Burch died on Sept, 13 after a long illness. You can read about her on her website. Check my link list for a link to her site.

My dear friend Mary Lou passed away on Monday. My heart goes out to all her family and friends as we remember her. She was a very talented actress and singer. She had a wonderful sence of humor and was a joy to be around. She loved to direct plays. She was active in theater in Meadville for most of her life. She directed the Lion King at Grove City High School last year. Her son Ethan is a senior. She was one of the kindest most caring people I have known. She worked as a social worker for Childrens Aid here in Mercer. A truly beautiful person. I will miss her.

It will be raining for the rest of the week here in Mercer. The leaves are still beautiful, not as beautiful as they are when the sun is shining on them but still bright and cherry through the rain. Please come by and knit with me if you can. It is warm and cozy at Otter Creek Store. We can share a cup of tea and look at the new books together.

Nancy

No comments: