Friday, February 29, 2008

Yoga Socks and Handspun Mittens


Yoga Socks. I take a yoga class at IXL here in Mercer two mornings a week and I love it. My flexability and strength have improved over the three years I have taken this class. It really helped when I was moving all the store stuff. The socks I usually wear slide more than I would like. My the yoga socks in the picture were designed with holes to grip my matt. I have not tried them yet since I am still working on my second sock. I'll post the pattern if they work well.

A logcabin cotton baby blanket is on my needles for mindless knitting. I usually have a couple mindless knitting projects on my needles and a couple pair of socks and mittens. I also like one challenging project to work on for times when I want to escape into my knitting. My new challenging project is a short sleeved top with lace detail in leaves up the front. I will knit a small one as a sample to take to Knitters Fantasy in April to show off some summer yarn that I am hoping to sell. I will use a Dale Pattern and some Cascade Tencel Yarn. I will post pictures when I get it going.

I am finally figuring out my new camera. I lost all the pictures I took at the Pgh Knit Fest and ruined the 2g memory card I had in the camera. The nice sales person at Staples said the card was hopeless and sold me a new one. I guess I pulled the card reader out of the USB or was it UBS Port while the pictures were loading and some how corrupted the data and then I initialized it again by mistake on my laptop.



I've been working on handspun mitts again. I really want to get back to my spinning, it's been tooooo long. I know once I get started I will be fine. I have had spinners block for a few months now, I have everything ready to go but just have not been able to sit down and ply off the beautiful red yarn that I spun about a month ago.
I need to get all the loose ends of closing my store and scaling back my business taken care of. I am still working on my tax stuff and time is running out. Today will be a good day to get a grip on the value of my inventory. I have been counting for a couple weeks but have not started totaling up the mess. In the mean time I have been knitting mittens for my little friends. I have one more set to finish up and I will have all 7 of my little friends in handmade mittens. It's been cold and snowy here so they have had a chance to try out their mittens this winter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the yoga sox. You only knit the fun parts. Makes me want to use my new 36 inch Harmony #1. I was never going to knit sox again because I only ever finish one.
It is as warm there, as it is here tonight, but it looks like you better stay home tomorrow. We are to get hail and wind. I have lots of sewing projects to finish up, and I am designing a new sewing room. Fun, fun!! Pam