Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Valentines Day


Ellen and I drove home from the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival Sunday evening. It was nearly zero outside and very windy. The wind blew off the snow but made driving difficult. My little boxy Sion is not good on windy highways. I had to really work at keeping the car on the road. It felt really good to was very happy be home safe. The car did not get unloaded till the next afternoon before I went to Grove City to visit my knitting students. Elizabeth just completed her second knit heart Valentine. I am so proud of her. I have only been teaching her for a little over a month and she has made 2 hats, a knitted rose for one of the hats, a mouse cat toy, 2 heart dishcloths and several squares for a baby blanket. She is 13 and seems to really enjoy knitting. I try to teach a new skill each week. I really am enjoying teaching children again. We made some cut paper valentines last week and the children decorated a Valentine mail box. This week when I arrived there were Valentines for me too. I picked up some flowers at the store on the way home to go with my Valentines.

Verna Greenan's husband passed away on Friday. I went to the viewing this afternoon in a blizzard. 8-10 inches of blowing snow fell. I almost rear ended a car a block from my house on the way home. The funeral is at 10:00 am tomorrow. I am glad the Funeral is just a few blocks from my house. The windows are frozen over and covered in pebble like ice. You cannot see out so I suppose the freezing rain has started on top of the snow that fell today. It is a good day to stay inside and knit mittens. I still have 4 pair to knit for my young friends.

About the pictures I took at The Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival. I was using my new camera and made a mistake and lost all my pictures. I was so anxious to see them Sunday night when I got home. I took out the memory card put it into the card reader and open my IPhoto program and clicked import and erase the card when finished importing button and a message came up that a disc error occurred. I was very tired and when another box came up I clicked a button that asked if I wanted to initialize the disk. I thought this might fix the problem so I clicked yes. This erased the memory card. I shut off the computer distraut and depressed. I went to bed. How could I be so stupid. Yesterday I got out my camera manual and learned that the disc erased if you click initialize. Ellen took some pictures also maybe she will share some to post.

No comments: