Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Blue Felt Bag and sweater


I finally got to finishing this sweater almost finished. I have one more sleeve to go. I started it a few years ago and then lost it when I moved the store to the new location and I found it again when I had to empty the back room when I closed the shop. I am trying to finish us or frog all the knitting that was in the store. I would start projects to show off the yarn and sometimes finish them other time I would sell them as is, sometimes take them apart when they served their purpose of selling yarn.

I finally finished the button hole bag. I ran it thru the maching twice so it is felted very firm and is a nice knitting bag. It is knit with two strans of bulky wool held together. The color shading is achieved by using two differrnt colors of yarn and changing them as it is knit. I really like how this bag turned out. I am using it as my take along knitting bag. It is the perfect size to put a couple small projects in. This pattern is a free pattern from the Mason Dixon Blog. I registerd my bag project on Ravelry and was surprised to find pictures of hundreds of these bags finished and posted on Ralvery. This was a very popular pattern. It is easy to kit and with #15 ndls it can be knit up in a week end. With the bulky wool knit double it felts into a thick sturdy bag. I added an attached icord finish around the top and button hole. I used Brown Sheep Lambs pride bulky in 3 colors and used a little multi color Desert from Classic Elite with the Lambs Pride on the top and in the finish icord.

No comments: