Thursday, January 03, 2008

Empty Store






The store front is empty and I am still recovering. We worked till almost midnight on the 27th and were not able to move all the stuff. We got up at 6 and went at it in the morning and finished around 10:30. the closing was to be in Grove City at 11:30. With our car loaded with the last load we drove to Grove City totally exhausted like two zombies. We were so tired, our bodies ached that we could bairly get our selves out of the car and into McBrides office. Tom and I are just too old for this. We were 10 min early and no one showed up at 11:30. We sat and waited and finally Lucy our agent came and told us the closing was postponed till Monday. Mike was still in NY and called an hour and a half before the closing to cancel. We spent the next couple days recovering and moving boxes from one spot in our home to another. I got some of my office unpacked and set up the computer printer and phones. The closing took place on Monday at 11:00. I deposited the check in the bank and went to visit some friends to celebrate. New Years Eve was very nice. We has a lovely dinner with friends. Adriana and Aneldia prepared some wonderful food. We were home before midnight. I actually fell a sleep in my chair watching TV at around 11:30.

No comments: