Sunday, January 06, 2008

New Beginnings, Knit and Spin

I am still moving boxes around in my home. Last week I managed to get the computers up and running except for the imac that I was using at the store. It did not move well. It will not start up at all and i did not back up anything on it so i lost a lot of patterns and all my records of the purchases and the updated mailing list. I have most of the important stuff in hard copy but I am not likely to spend the time to re-enter this stuff. I do not need digital copy anyways I would rather be knitting or working on new stuff than documenting the past. I visited Margaret on Friday to deliver her new spinning wheel. She has a Kromski Sonata. Her first spinning lesson went well. I could hardly believe that in all the years Mags worked at the store that I somehow neglected to teach her to spin. She will catch on quickly with a little practice. Mags gave m a beautiful pair of handknit cabled red socks. I love handknit gifts and these socks are the best. A perfect fit also. I wore them yesterday and they kept my feet toasty. I will post a picture when I can find my camera. In the chaos my camera is lost somewhere. So no new pics till it turns up.
Tom asked me what I wanted for my birthday a month ago and I asked to go to go to see The Golden Compase when it came out. I read the book several years ago and wanted to see the film on the big screen. We do not go to many films prefering to watch films at home via Netflix. The reviews are bad for this film but since I read the books I wanted to go anyway. I am a fan of fantasy films like Lord of the Rings. So today is the day. The snow has melted and the roads are good so the 14 mile trip into the Valley will not be a problem. The movie is at 2:40 so I need to go get ready to go. I will post again soon. Let you know how I liked the movie.
N

No comments: