Sunday, December 09, 2007

Sleepless

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

I know it is the middle of the night. I could not sleep so I thought I would catch up on my email and some how I ended up finding this Handmade Pledge site. It is fascinating. Perhaps there is hope for the younger generation to make a better world,

Open House at the store was unreal. I think I am still full of the energy generated by so much excitement and that is why I am not sleeping. I am so glad Margaret, Monica and Robin came to help. I could not have survived with out help. We processed 44 sales one every 3-5 minutes for the first 4 hours without a break. It was truly amazing.
With Sunday sales added in I may be able to pay off the rest of the store debt. It would be wonderful to have everything paid off and not have to continue to hussle after the store is closed. My goal was to break even and walk away a free woman. It would mean that the cash that I earn at the show in Pittsburgh could be used to go on the Sock knitting cruise with the girls in May. It would be fun to get a whole group of Otter Creek Knitters going together. I will add a link to the Sea Socks site for you to check it out.

I need to get back to sleep now. Tomorrow will be another sale day and I am excited to see who comes and how well we do. The store is getting empty. The persian rug runner and rocking chair have been sold and are gone. Most of the big fixtures are sold and will be picked up next week.

I took the handmade pledge. I will make most of my gifts for the holidays. Will you be making yours?? You know I like it when you let me know you are reading this blog. I will post your comments. If you have suggestions for Handmade gifts for the holidays and pictures you can email them to me. Follow the link for the Handmade Pledge to see what other folks are making.

No comments: