Saturday, November 17, 2007

Otter Creek Store Sale continues

It has been an exciting week here in the Otter Creek world. My life here is coming to an end sooner than expected. I will be closing the doors on one phase of my life and walking into another. I do love being here. It is such a beautiful warm cozy place to spend the day. I love just sitting here in my rocking chair with all this beautiful yarn to inspire me to knit hats, socks and mittens. I keep seeing more combinations I want to try. Do not ask how many I have on needles. I do not count. I just leave them around with the yarn to pick up and knit whenever I get a free moment. Sometimes I sell them unfinished to knitters that want to finish them because they like what I have started.


On Wednesday evening I taught a smart young woman to knit while here children were at their Kung Fu lessons. She took it it immediately. She started on a hat and the next evening she was back with the hat almost done . I told her to return when she was ready to start decreasing. I did not want to add K2tog. to her first lesson. I was so pleased to see her with so much knitting done in just one day. She will be a great knitter. It is sharing the excitement of someone learning a new skill and knowing how this will change their lives forever that makes having this shop worth having. It has never been about $$$ for me. I love teaching when it works.



Every day more folks are coming and taking home tons of yarn to add to their stash. I love seeing everyone. So many folks that I have not seen in a while are returning to knitting now that the snow is starting to fly. The ground is too warm here for any accumulation but just 40 miles north the world is white and frozen. it will not be long.

I have been knitting ear flap hats again. I one in my handspun and one in an imported Italian varigated wool I love working with. I also seem to be knitting more and more cables into my hats. I do not know why my finger just seem to want to do them and I love experimenting with the twists.


I have included a few pictures of the shop. I keep taking pictures so I will have some to look at when I want to remember how lovely it was to spend the day here. It is impossible to capture the wonderful warm atmosphere and beauty that is here.

No comments: