Monday, April 16, 2007

Knitters Fantasy April 14 Warren OH

It is Monday morning. Snow is falling outside. The grass and trees are just covered. This has never happened so late in April here before in the 30 years I have lived in Mercer.
I am so glad it did not snow on Saturday. The 12 Annual Knitters Fantasy workshop day and sale was a huge success. Over 400 knitters came. This is a very well organized event hosted by three knitting guilds in eastern OHIO. This year the Northcoast Knitting Guild was in charge. The guilds rotate the responsibility for hosting the event and I feel this is how they keep from burning out and the show just gets better and better every year.
I taught a class: gauge mysteries revealed. I hope the knitters found my take on knitting gauge and designing a sweater helpful. Please email me if you took my class and have questions.
Otter Creek Store had two tables of yarn for sale. I chose three main yarns to display, Toas and Merino Strioes from Crystal Palace, and Ultra Alpaca from Berrocco. These three yarn were new last fall and were the most popular new yarns in our shop. The booth needs to be simple because the knitters do not have much time to shop between classes. The knitters arrive at 8am, they register and go to their class from 9 - 11:30 and 1:30 -4:00 With Lunch and a Fabulous Fashion Show in the center of the Market during lunch. The market is around the edge of the Vo-Tech School Cafeteria. Our booth was so busy I did not see the fashion show. At one point I tried to direct s shoppers attention to the fashion show so I could see it too. These knitters were serious shoppers and wanted to buy yarn NOW! Pat Jones who always makes a fantastic knit outfit for the show each year said she would email me a picture since I missed seeing her. If any other knitters reading this have photos of the show please email them to me. I feel so bad that I missed seeing the show. I look forward it. I love seeing what everyone has made it is so inspiring. I need to go now. I will post pictures if you folks of knitters fantasy if anyone send me some.

No comments: