Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Little Ruffle Seed Stitch Scarf


I came home from the Pittsburgh Knit and Crochet Festival with a skein of ACE 150 yards of 90% Suri Alpaca /10% Tencel . I knit this little scarf knitting from both ends of the ball at the same time. Beginning with the lace ends and knitting both at the same time till I ran out of yarn. I then grafted the two ends together with the Kitchner Stitch. This was fun to knit but I wish I would have made the lace wider and the seed stitch part of the scarf about an inch narrower so it would have come out a little longer. here is a picture. My pattern will be given away with the purchase of this yarn from PA Preferred , 100% Pennsylvania Grown Alpaca Yarn from Wini Labrecque/Star Weaver Farm, email: strwvr@zoominternet.net. www.starweaverfarm.com I shared Wini's booth at the Pgh. Knit Festival. I sold a lot of Valetines and enough yarn to cover my expenses for the week end. I had a really nice time. I enjoyed meeting Noro Bellows from Noni Knits. Her Felted bags are really worth seeing. I took a workshop from Daniel Yuhas Lace and Loop scarf. I will post a picture of my scarf soon. I am knitting the lace and loops I have 17 loops finished. There are 23 I cord loops on one end of the scarf. This is fun to knit but I am only getting few inches finished a day so it will take me a while to finish.

No comments: