Sunday, August 09, 2009

Mercer Spinners and Weavers Guild August 8 2009

Yesterday our Buy, Sell, Swap or Trade Meeting turned out to be a huge success. We only had 5 members of our guild show up but we had lots and lots of folks come from other Knitting and Weaving groups. We had a full house. It was so exciting to see so many people. There was a group of knitters that work together in Grove City. There were a couple car loads of knitters from the Cranberry Knitters Group. A Weavers Group from Erie, Edinboro and Greenville stopped by to visit. There were knitters from Mercer, Sharon and Hermitage that used to shop at Otter Creek. There was a couple folks that Judy met at a recent show where she was spinning. I wish I had counted or taken some pictures but I was too busy talking to think about it. We probably had 40 to 50 people come.

There was wonderful food for the pot luck picnic lunch. I really enjoyed meeting new fiber arts folks and making new friends. Several folks join our club. Everyone had a great time sharing good food and there was lots of laughter. I hope we see some of these folks again. If you were there and happen to read this. Thank you for coming. Please come again. Email me and I will send you our next guild newsletter.

No comments: