Monday, September 29, 2008

Spinning yarn in public


Hi Folks.
The last two Sundays I took my wheel and joined friends spinning in public. On Sept 21 Verna and I manned out Spinners and Weavers Guild booth at the Munnell Run Farm Day. Below is a picture of our booth. The picture above is from our natural dye demo at the farm. Although there were a few hundred people wandering into and out of our booth to check out what we were doing. Very few people expresses any interest in buying anything. . It is a good thing that I do not depend on selling crafts and we did not have to pay a fee for out booth. The folks I saw seemed happy to be at the festival and just buy an ice cream cone and enjoy the sunshine and the company of family and friends. They did not come to shop. The economy cash crunch is even visible out here in the rural peaceful country.
This past Sunday I took my wheel and joined some friends spinning and knitting at an Alpaca Farm open house. The animals were fun to see and it was a good day to just enjoy being out of the house and in company of good friends. I was so caught up in the spinning and visiting with friends that I did not take pictures to post.I did not even think about it till later in the evening. I wish I had taken pictures of the alpacas.

No comments: