Sunday, February 25, 2007

Otter Creek Calendar for March

I just finished the new calendar of events for the store and I tried to post it. I was hoping it could just copy and post it but I could not. So here are some high lights and you can email me and I will send the PDF version with pictures and calendar.
Margaret Brown Siebert a Not Just Socks Workshop , an inspired class to learn some new skills like: two color knitting, cables and braids in a sock of your own design using a basic sock pattern on #2 ndls. This is a class for folks who all ready know how to knit a basic sock. The class will meet 4 times beginning March 28 at 5PM.
Margaret used to worked for me at the store for 8 years thru High School and college.
Many of you would remember her as the young girl with friendly smile.

Mommy & me knit together Saturday mornings 10- 11:00 With Ellen. Bring your daughter or grand daughter and knit together will resume again in March.

Knitting Appointments with master knitters and a discussion with Kathy Zimmerman at the Pgh. Knit Fest.
Kathy gave me an autographed poster of her Designs for Classic Elite Yarns. We had a great time at Pgh Knit Fest. The hearts were well recieved and I am still selling this pattern at the store.

A wonderful pattern by Annie Modesitt is free to anyone who comes in and asks. You can only get this pattern in
a yarn shop. Annie is trying to help bring business to yarn stores. Thank You Annie!

Friday Knit Club for teens has been meeting at our store after school. A reporter from a local paper came and took pictures and did an interviewed the girls last Friday.

Lots and Lots of new yarn came in on Friday. Louisa Harding yarn with sequins and a ribbon with what looks like frozen rain drop beads on the surface of the yarn, very beautiful. Harding patterns to knit and crochet evening bags, tank tops and shells and dressy accessories. This yarn is very special.
On the other end of the yarn spectrum we also got in affordable afghan yarn A popular acrylic yarn, Patons Canadian at a Sale price during March/ $3.50 for 100gm ball. I have had a few requests for affordable yarn to crochet afghans. So, I ordered some to see if this is really what our customers want. I have always offered this yarn through special orders.

No comments: